Monday, July 13, 2009

Mockingbird

As part of our bedtime routine, S gets into bed, I read Goodnight Moon, he asks to touch the pictures (in particular, the mush, the fire (he likes it because he can't touch real fire), and the big star), and then I sing Hush Little Baby - which we call Mockingbird. The other night after reading, I said,
"Do you want me to read Mockingbird, oh I mean sing Mockingbird?"
S: [laughing] Do you have a book about Mockingbird?
Me: No.
S: Why not? Do they have a book about Mockingbird at the store?
Me: I don't know. I just made a mistake, I meant to say sing.

So now, everynight while lying in his bed, he looks at me with a big grin and a giggle and says, "Do you have a book about Mockingbird?"

Keeping with the theme, when I was singing the other night I skipped a verse and he proclaimed, "you skipped a page mama."

No comments: